POSITION SUMMARY: Second Harvest Food Bank is seeking a full-time, highly-motivated Accounting Clerk. This individual performs multiple duties and is primarily responsible for processing cash disbursements, cash receipts and other administrative duties within the Finance department.
ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all inclusive):
• Responsible for all accounts payable functions, timely, and accurate processing of invoices, and purchase requisitions using a purchase order system.
• Responsible for verifying the validity of invoices, purchase request, and ensure proper authorization and coding.
• Responsible for research and follow up on vendor request for outstanding payment status.
• Responsible for cash receipts, sorts, endorses, preparation of journal, and deposits to bank.
• Responsible for maintaining accurate electronic files on vendors, fixed assets and other required financial records.
• Responsible for annual preparation and submission of 1099 reporting.
• Assist with the preparation of journal entries.
• Assist with monthly closing entries.
• Assist with year-end audit preparation.
• Participate in all major organizational special events during the year.
• Comply with all SHFB policies and procedures.
• Maintain a professional, positive, and courteous demeanor.
• Perform other duties as assigned to meet company needs.
Education: An associate degree in accounting or equivalent education/experience.
Experience: Minimum two years related work experience.
Skills and Capabilities: The ideal candidate will possess many of these professional and personal abilities and attributes:
• Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Must be detail oriented, an independent worker with excellent problem solving, analytical, and organizational and communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task with a strong sense of meeting deadlines.
• Good organizational and time management skills.
• Must exercise strong customer service and diplomacy skills.
• High degree of professionalism, flexibility and initiative.
• Intermediate-level knowledge of MS Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Committed to organizational mission to ending hunger.
Allowable Substitutions: Combination of education, experience, and/or training that provides the required knowledge and skills for the position may be considered in lieu of education and/or experience at the company’s discretion.
How to Apply
1. Email resume and cover letter (with salary requirements) to email@example.com
2. Type “Accounting Clerk” as the only content in the subject line of your email.