The “Run For It” program is the Official Charity Program of the Allstate Sugar Bowl Crescent City Classic. The goal of the “Run For It” program is to raise $1 million annually and serve the Greater New Orleans area needs. Each year, the Crescent City Fitness Foundation selects local charities to support and partner with for the 10k race, by donating 100 charity bib numbers (guaranteed race entries) to each Charity Partner for the Classic.
Second Harvest is thrilled to be one of the Official Charity Partners for 2016. We will recruit 100 charity runners/walkers, who commit to raising a minimum of $200 by race day (March 26, 2016). Second Harvest charity runners receive various perks and incentives for joining the program, including a personal online fundraising page. All of the money raised by our 100 charity runners/walkers will be donated directly to Second Harvest.
Online registration is now closed — but you can still join our team by signing up at the Crescent City Classic Expo at the Hyatt Downtown through 8:00 p.m. Thursday and Friday before the race!
The Classic does not take any registration fees from charity runners. Each runner/walker commits to raise at least $200 by race day.
Charity Runner Perks & Incentives:
• Unique Charity bib number, with First Name if you register by Jan. 1st
• Unique Charity race t-shirt
• Prime starting location on race day in the “Charity Corral” positioned right behind Seeded Runners
• Access to nice bathrooms race morning in Champions Square
• Access to Charity Team’s Private Party tent after the race
• Plus prizes for highest fundraisers per team and overall!