The Controller is responsible for the integrity and accuracy of the financial reporting.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
• Responsible for the preparation of all financial reports including Statement of Financial Position, Statement of Activities, Cash Flow Statements, reports to governmental agencies, dashboard metric reports and grant financial reports.
• Responsible for the preparation of all inventory reports including inventory valuation, and external inventory reporting.
• Oversees accounting and inventory teams, budget preparation, audit function, and physical and cycle inventory counts.
• Reviews financial reports to analyze projections of budgeted revenue and expenses against actual totals.
• Meets regularly with Leadership team members to review and forecast their department’s financials.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversees and ensures the accuracy of the monthly compilation of the organization’s financial reports.
• Responsible for the expenditure restrictions and accounting for such restrictions related to grant or donor gifts.
• Responsible for the timely completion of grant financial reports.
• Responsible for accurate allocation of costs as per grant guidelines.
• Responsible for accurate inventory valuation and reporting.
• Responsible for gathering, analyzing and production of the monthly dashboard metric/goal report.
• Responsible for ensuring appropriate internal controls are applied with the accounting and inventory teams
• Responsible for compliance with SHFB financial policies and procedures and Feeding America’s financial guidelines.
• Complies with all SHFB policies and procedures and the policies of other organizations with which the company has contractual obligations.
• Attends monthly all-staff meetings and other meetings as appropriate.
• Represents SHFB in a professional, positive and courteous manner.
Education: Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or C.P.A.
Experience: Eight to ten years experience in financial management; a professional demeanor and a thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and financial management information systems.
• Ability to communicate complex information clearly both oral and written.
• Ability to work on multiple complex projects concurrently.
• Attentive to detail
• Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
• Intermediate-level knowledge of MS Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Ability to supervise and empower staff growth to meet organizational goals.
Allowable Substitutions: Equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training that provides the required knowledge and skills for the position may be substituted for experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Email resume and cover letter (with salary requirements) to email@example.com.
2. Type “Controller” as the only content in the subject line of your email.
Second Harvest Food Bank is an equal opportunity employer.