Acts as the liaison for all food industry donors and secures food donations from food retailers, manufacturers, distributors, processors and other food-related businesses located in the south western parishes of the Second Harvest Food Bank service area. Collaborates with internal departments to maximize donation opportunities and works with Food Sourcing Team to address prospects and challenges. Responsible for managing donor tracking/performance system and donor recognition plan.
• Continue to strengthen relationships with retailers participating in Store Donation Program through education of store personnel, attending store meetings and conducting store training sessions.
• Develop plan to engage new banner store participants.
• Recruit, educate and monitor partner agencies who are participating in the Store Donation program.
• Work with Agency Relations to establish a process for managing agencies participating in the Store Donation Program.
• Work closely with Logistics, Receiving, Distribution and Agency Relations to provide a beneficial service to donors and provide quality products to partner agencies.
• Track donations to manage current food industry donors (distributors, manufacturers and processors), return of lapsed donors and prospects turned donors.
• Manage donor tracking systems (Ceres and MealConnect) to keep donor information up-to-date, run donor reports for tracking trends and volume.
• Participate in food industry events including food shows, association meetings and network conferences.
• Collaborate with Development team to ensure food souring grant requirements and reporting are met.
• Participate in meetings and committees as appropriate.
• Comply with all SHFB policies and procedures.
• Maintain a professional, positive, and courteous demeanor.
• Perform other duties as assigned to meet company needs.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent life experience. Progressive sales experience preferably in the food industry.
Skills and Capabilities
The ideal candidate will possess many of these professional and personal abilities and attributes:
• Strong people skills; ability to interact with a diverse donor base.
• Intermediate computer skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Ability to work independently.
• Willingness to work “off-hours” as requested by the customer and/or as needed to help fulfill the goals of SHFB.
Allowable Substitutions: Combination of education, experience, and/or training that provides the required knowledge and skills for the position may be considered in lieu of education and/or experience at the company’s discretion.
How to Apply
1. Email resume and cover letter (with salary requirements) to email@example.com.
2. Type “Food Sourcing Specialist – West” as the only content in the subject line of your email.
Second Harvest Food Bank is an equal opportunity employer.