POSITION SUMMARY: Position reports to the Chief Operating Officer. This position will collaborate with team members to manage social enterprise contracts and daily inventory control functions. Both of these tasks will require documentation of shipping and receiving, as well as reconciliation of current inventory. The Inventory Control Specialist will also communicate with multiple departments to ensure accurate and punctual deliveries.
Accountabilities: (not all-inclusive)
• Collaborate with the Receiving Department to ensure all items received are entered correctly into the system.
• Cultivate and manage current customer relationships.
• Complete daily inventory entries in the ERP system.
• Communicate with customers to ensure orders are correct and accurately put in the system.
• Perform daily cycle counts to ensure integrity of inventory.
• Collaborate with Warehouse Management to ensure staff has the required information to pull orders.
• Interface with multiple departments to ensure accurate and punctual deliveries.
• Collaborate with Transportation Department to process orders after deliveries have been completed, including returns or short shipped invoices.
• Create weekly and monthly reports within deadline requirements.
• Participate in meetings and committees as appropriate.
• Comply with all SHFB policies and procedures.
• Maintain a professional, positive, and courteous demeanor.
• Perform other duties as assigned to meet company needs.
• Degree in business, operations, quality management, inventory control or related field preferred.
• 1-3 years of experience in inventory control, and/or supply chain. Purchase order and/or Navision experience preferred.
Skills and Capabilities
The ideal candidate will possess many of these professional and personal abilities and attributes:
• Intermediate to advanced-level knowledge of MS Office Suite, especially Excel and Word.
• Solid time management skills
• Demonstrated ability to complete assignments on time with minimal supervision.
• Strong time-management and multi-tasking skills.
• Excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
• Able to review work and show data analysis.
• Ability to work well in a team-oriented, goal-driven environment that emphasizes a friendly culture and ownership of work responsibilities.
How to Apply
1. Email resume and cover letter (with salary requirements) to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Type “Inventory Control Specialist” as the only content in the subject line of your email.