This position is responsible for inventory control integrity and accuracy for both food bank and public warehousing inventory. This position performs the daily cycle counts, reconciles the repack inventory, transfers product between locations, prepares and submits timely and accurate inventory reports and is the lead on product recalls. This position will be responsible for the inventory management systems and reporting utilizing, Ceres 4, 3Plink and Feeding America.
Second Harvest Food Bank (SHFB) believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to the success of the company; that contribution should not be limited by the work identified, assigned tasks, and overall responsibilities. Each employee is expected to offer his/her talents, expertise, and services whenever necessary to ensure the achievement of company goals.
· Assists operations team in maintaining an accurate physical inventory, creates reports that track inventory accuracy and error rates per employee to be used for improvement and efficiencies.
· Performs daily cycle counts, identifies variances, takes necessary corrective action to reconcile inventory and documents all actions and provides summary reports.
· Develops and maintains extensive knowledge of both Ceres 4 and 3Plink inventory management software.
· Perform thorough research and document inventory discrepancies to identify root causes and supply possible solutions.
· Monitor inventory levels at both locations and take the lead on transfers both physical and in Ceres 4 between locations.
· Reconcile the repack inputs, outputs and trash and enter and post into Ceres 4.
· Responsible for receiving, evaluating and documenting product recalls in accordance with Feeding America, AIB and our organizations recall policy.
· Monitor inventory to maintain and encourage proper product rotation.
· Responsible for completing the Network Activity Report sections related to our inventory distributed, purchased, produce and programs’ pounds.
· Follows all AIB, Feeding America, OSHA and other Federal, State and Local requirements.
· Participate in meetings and committees as appropriate.
· Comply with all SHFB policies and procedures.
· Maintain a professional, positive, and courteous demeanor.
· Perform other duties as assigned to meet company needs.
Education: Degree in business, operations, quality management, inventory control or related field preferred.
Experience: 1-3 years of inventory, distribution and warehouse experience. Microsoft Navision experience preferred.
Skills and Capabilities
The ideal candidate will possess many of these professional and personal abilities and attributes:
· Intermediate-level knowledge of MS Office applications, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook
· Must be detailed oriented, an independent worker with excellent problem solving, analytical and organizational skills.
· Ability to multi-task.
· Track record of successful inventory control management in a fast-paced and growing environment.
· Solid time management skills; ability to complete assignments on time and with minimal oversight.
· High degree of professionalism, flexibility and initiative
· Ability to work well in a team-oriented, goals-driven environment that emphasizes a friendly culture and ownership of work responsibilities
Allowable Substitutions: Combination of education, experience, and/or training that provides the required knowledge and skills for the position may be may be considered in lieu of education and/or experience at the company’s discretion.
How to Apply
1. Email resumé and cover letter (with salary requirements) to email@example.com.
2. Type “Inventory Control Specialist” as the only content in the subject line of your email.