Position Summary: Overall responsibility is to pull and/or receive product in an accurate manner, load and unload vehicles, operate warehouse equipment, and keep the work environment clean and safe.
Accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
• Process shipped and received orders. Prepare goods for shipment or storage (i.e., assemble or disassemble pallets of product). Accurately measure, weigh, and/or count product.
• Pull orders; pack, wrap, label, and ship product; load, unload, or stack containers, materials, or product.
• Receive goods; sort incoming donations into appropriate categories according to established standards and procedures.
• Verify incoming and outgoing stock for the purpose of ensuring specifications, quantity, and quality of orders are correct. Compare shipment and/or received contents to records.
• Work efficiently to facilitate the identification, quick retrieval, and dispatch of product (i.e., minimize waste).
• Abide by inventory control procedures.
• Maintain accurate and complete records.
• Operate and maintain warehouse equipment in a safe and prudent manner (e.g., forklifts, pallet jacks, dock levelers, hand trucks, etc.).
• Adhere to all safety and security guidelines.
• Maintain a clean and orderly work area. Remove shrink wrap and tape from dock pallets, wipe cases and make presentable, and recommend the removal or transfer of product that is not picked up.
• Keep the facility and grounds clean (e.g., yard maintenance, sweeping, pressure washing, etc.).
High school diploma or equivalent. At least two years of experience assisting in the receipt, storage, and issuance of materials from a centralized stockroom or warehouse. Forklift certification a plus or experience operating a forklift with willingness to obtain certification.
Skills and Capabilities
The ideal candidate will possess many of these professional and personal abilities and attributes:
• Ability to operate standard warehouse equipment including, but not limited to, pallet jacks, forklifts, dock levelers, and other materials-handling equipment.
• Able and willing to work in extreme weather conditions and to work within varying indoor temperatures (e.g., freezers, coolers, and buildings that are not temperature controlled).
• Knowledge of inventory management.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Basic math skills with the ability to read, comprehend, and follow instructions/procedures.
• Able to work in a physically-demanding environment which includes lifting and/or moving material weighing up to 50 pounds frequently, and heavier items occasionally.
• Walk, sit, squat, bend, twist, and reach at various heights above and below shoulder level.
• Basic computer knowledge helpful to complete select reports, electronic timecards, access email, etc.
• Ability to work in a results-oriented environment and perform against established performance standards.
• Able to work overtime as required.
Allowable Substitution: Combination of education, experience, and/or training that provides the required knowledge and skills for the position may be considered in lieu of education and/or experience at the company’s discretion.
How to Apply:
1. Email resume and cover letter (with salary requirements) to email@example.com.
2. Type “Warehouse Specialist” as the only content in the subject line of your email.
Second Harvest Food Bank is an equal opportunity employer.