This position will provide a pivotal leadership role within the organization; will focus on day-to-day execution of the strategic goals and objectives and will measure the operation’s progress against those goals; and will be responsible for developing and evaluating the organization’s capacity, processes, and infrastructure to deliver outstanding program services. This position will work closely with the President and CEO, Executive Leadership, Board of Directors and oversees general operations, operations revenue opportunities, kitchen and program departments.
• Recruit, motivate and lead a high performance management team whose responsibilities encompass operations, agency relations and programs, community kitchen, food sourcing, facilities management, branch management, and social enterprise initiatives.
• Collaborate with the President and CEO and Executive Leadership to establish and accomplish annual goals and objectives as well as strategic plans for the organization.
• Offer advice, guidance, and direction on business matters, including operational policies and procedures, new initiatives, and management of stakeholder relationships. Foster a success-oriented and accountable environment.
• Work collaboratively with Executive Leadership to oversee the development and implementation of plans for program and service expansion within the framework of strategic objectives.
• Engineer the alignment of people, processes, policies, and assets to obtain an optimal balance between efficiency, service provision and collaboration with member agencies and other partners in addressing hunger throughout the 23 parish service area in south Louisiana.
• Identify and drive change initiatives that improve operations workflow and productivity.
• Facilitate the horizontal integration of communications between Executive Leadership and departments to remove obstacles, improve responsiveness, and facilitate prompt decision making.
• Oversee research, analysis, trends and program evaluation of operations in support of strategic planning, and day-to-day problem solving.
• Serve as the Disaster Incident Commander, overseeing the planning and execution of disaster response operations and management of partner relationships.
• Review operating results, compared with established objectives, and implement appropriate measures to enhance outcomes.
• Give direction and leadership toward the achievement of the organization’s philosophy, mission, strategy, and its annual goals and objectives
• Participate in meetings and committees as appropriate.
• Comply with all SHFB policies and procedures.
• Maintain professional, positive, and courteous manner.
• Perform other duties as assigned to meet company needs.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in public administration, business or related field, or equivalent experience.
Experience: 10 years progressively responsible experience in warehouse systems, inventory control, and planning and evaluation in a community organization. 5+ years experience in successful leadership role.
Skills and Capabilities
The ideal candidate will possess many of these professional and personal abilities and attributes.
• Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
• Ability to interface effectively with Board, Leadership Team, staff and network of agencies.
• Capable of managing multiple responsibilities simultaneously in fast-paced, growth environment.
• Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Possess confidence, strategic thinking and mission-driven assertiveness to promote positive, accountable work culture.
• Ability, willingness, and sensitivity to work with diverse stakeholders.
• Dependability, initiative and follow-through.
• Ability to focus on results while working with interdepartmental teams.
• Intermediate-level knowledge of MS Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Ability to supervise and empower staff growth to meet organizational goals.
Allowable Substitution: Combination of education, experience, and/or training that provides the required knowledge and skills for the position may be considered in lieu of education and/or experience at the company’s discretion.
How to Apply
1. Email resume and cover letter (with salary requirements) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Type “Chief Operating Officer” as the only content in the subject line of your email.