POSITION SUMMARY: The Chief Impact Officer will be responsible for creating and maintaining strategic relationships in the community that will benefit the customers we serve.
ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
• Serve as a member of Executive Leadership to devise and implement company-wide strategic goals.
• Work collaboratively with other members of Executive Leadership to oversee the development and implementation of plans for program and service expansion within the framework of strategic objectives.
• Collaborate with the President and CEO and Executive Leadership to establish and accomplish annual goals and objectives as well as strategic plans for the organization.
• Serve as the Disaster Liaison Officer, overseeing the planning and execution of disaster response operations and management of partner relationships.
• Analyze and stay current on statistics concerning poverty throughout the South Louisiana Region as well as trends and best practices across the food bank network.
• Review and analyze food access by partners and distribution impact in the community. Ensure fair and equitable distribution across our service territory
• Facilitate and maintain strategic partnerships in the community to ensure program success and transformation services to clients.
• Represent SHFB to community groups and events through networking, public relations, and speaking engagements as needed
• Ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations and laws for all programs including, but not limited to: feeding programs, nutrition programs, federal benefit programs and innovation programs.
• Oversight and responsibility for all program audit preparation and outcomes by federal, state and local entities.
• Comply with all SHFB policies and procedures.
• Maintain a professional, positive, and courteous demeanor.
• Perform other duties as assigned to meet company needs.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience.
Experience: Programmatic oversight and auditing experience preferred.
Skills and Capabilities
The ideal candidate will possess many of these professional and personal abilities and attributes:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to organize work, time, and self.
• Self-directed, creative problem solving, flexibility, and discretion.
• Proficient in MS Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, and Outlook; ability to learn in-house database and reporting systems.
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Strong organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills.
• Orientation to customer service, critical thinking, detail, accuracy, and the meeting of deadlines.
• Professional demeanor with the ability to work cooperatively with other Food Bank staff and volunteers.
Allowable Substitutions: Combination of education, experience, and/or training that provides the required knowledge and skills for the position may be may be considered in lieu of education and/or experience at the company’s discretion.
How to Apply:
1. Email resume and cover letter (with salary requirements) to email@example.com
2. Type “Chief Impact Officer” as the only content in the subject line of your email.