This position is responsible for the strategic planning and direction of all programs and services for Second Harvest. Overall responsibility is to develop community partnerships in order to maximize food distribution and access throughout Second Harvest Food Bank’s 23 parish service territory. Responsible for all aspects of member agency and programmatic development and services, Community Kitchen programs, outreach, staffing, budgeting and compliance with Feeding America and other regulatory agencies. Position manages goals and metrics to ensure deliverable results within budget while fulfilling strategic plan initiatives. Directs and leads the Programs and Services and Community Kitchen teams.
• Directs and implements the strategic and program development of all programs and services to ensure SHFB is compliant with Feeding America’s Meals per Person In Need poverty requirements.
• Leads and implements the strategic and program development of the Community Kitchen.
• Guides, trains and develops staff to ensure maximum food distribution and access to healthy foods throughout 23 parish service territory.
• Ensures the member agencies and programs partners are compliant with operational guidelines, regulations and rules with a focus on building partner capacity.
• Develops metrics to ensure goals are achieved, growth is managed and staff are held accountable.
• Designs and leads throughout SHFBs’ service territory educational efforts on root causes and solutions to hunger, efforts on access to emergency food assistance and efforts on sustainable means to address hunger.
• Oversees efforts to build community relationships and partners to address hunger in communities.
• Develops and monitors budget and goals for the Programs and Services and Community Kitchen departments.
• Develops, implements and revises Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for the division.
• Collaborates with other functions within SHFB to ensure effective and efficient operations towards critical mission objectives.
• Evaluates staff and ensures positive results through staffing decisions and accountabilities.
• Maintains records and completes all required paperwork in a timely fashion.
• Complies with all SHFB policies and procedures and the policies of other organizations with which the company has contractual obligations.
• Participate in meetings and committees as appropriate.
• Work with Louisiana Food Bank Association to encourage policy and advocate to end hunger.
• Maintain a professional, positive, and courteous demeanor.
• Perform other duties as assigned to meet company needs.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in public administration, business, or equivalent experience.
Experience: At least five years full-time experience in management and/or equivalent experience. Some experience in a social service role preferred.
Skills and Capabilities
The ideal candidate will possess many of these professional and personal abilities and attributes:
• Excellent problem-solving skills and behavior management skills.
• Ability to motivate and manage staff; supporter of diversity.
• Critical thinking skills to review, assess, and implement programs.
• Self-directed, entrepreneurial, creative problem solving, flexibility, and discretion.
• Proficient in MS Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, and Outlook; ability to learn in-house database and reporting systems.
• Strong communication and presentation skills with emphasis on customer service.
• Professional demeanor with the ability to work cooperatively across all levels of the organization.
• Demonstrated excellence in working at all levels of an organization.
• Strong organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills.
• Must have reliable transportation and current automobile insurance.
Allowable Substitutions: Combination of education, experience, and/or training that provides the required knowledge and skills for the position may be may be considered in lieu of education and/or experience at the company’s discretion.
How to Apply
1. Email resume and cover letter (with salary requirements) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Type “Chief Impact Officer” as the only content in the subject line of your email.