Performs and/or schedules maintenance activities of the facility including construction, installations, and repairs; provides assistance in facilities planning; ensures services meet budget projections and forecasts; handles safety and security matters; and completes a variety of tasks relative to maintenance of the facility and equipment.
• Repairs and maintains new and existing equipment within the facility.
• Conducts routine inspections; creates reports of found repairs and maintenance issues and recommends solutions to the appropriate personnel.
• Researches, evaluates with vendors for maintenance and repair services.
• Evaluates contractor workmanship against quality standards while ensuring that service is provided in a timely and cost effective manner.
• Logs all service calls, follows-up, and generates activity reports.
• Develops and maintains procedures to ensure vermin control, and to assure compliance with government, industry, and Feeding America regulations and standards.
• Facilitates and champions the company’s safety and security committee.
• Maintains communication with state and community agencies (e.g., the Department of Health, Fire Department, etc.) in response to survey inquiries and other regulatory requirements.
• Responds timely to requests and works diligently to resolve issues that may cause interruption of operations and/or impact the safety of staff and the general public.
• Partners with and supports the Operations team during crisis management (e.g., responding to emergencies).
• Assists in budgeting for annual capital expenditures of repair/maintenance and equipment replacement; maintains expenses within budget parameters and guidelines.
• Works with Finance in ensuring reconciled fixed asset listings and appropriate insurance on assets.
• Reviews and approves service invoices for proper billing.
• Oversees community service workers as needed.
• Participates in conferences, meetings, and general assemblies as necessary.
• Complies with all Second Harvest Food Bank policies and procedures.
• Maintains professional and courteous conduct.
• Performs other duties as assigned to meet company needs.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Experience: 5+ years’ experience in facility maintenance or related field, preferably in the food industry.
Skills and Capabilities
The ideal candidate will possess many of these professional and personal abilities and attributes:
• Team-lead experience combined with a strong jack-of-all-trades aptitude in refrigeration, carpentry, plumbing, machine and equipment repair, electrical, HVAC, painting, and drywall.
• Proven track record of successful facilities repair and maintenance.
• Knowledge of building and fire codes, OSHA guidelines, and safety regulations.
• Possess strong organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
• Solid time management skills; follow-up, follow-through, and attention to detail are essential.
• Intermediate working knowledge of MS Office suite, particularly Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Ability to travel locally to obtain supplies, visit vendors, and handle other company-related business; must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and current auto insurance.
• Willing to respond to any “off hours” emergencies (i.e., security issues, fire alerts, etc.).
• Ability to push, pull, lift, and/or carry objects up to 50 pounds.
• Commitment to company mission and values.
Allowable Substitutions: Combination of education, experience, and/or training that provides the required knowledge and skills for the position may be may be considered in lieu of education and/or experience at the company’s discretion.
1. Email resume and cover letter (with salary requirements) to email@example.com
2. Type “Facilities Coordinator” as the only content in the subject line of your email.