POSITION SUMMARY: This position provides assistance and support to the President and CEO (herein referred to as “CEO”) and Executive Leadership both internally and externally: internally with scheduling, communications, reports, and presentations; and externally with board, donor, and public relations.
ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all inclusive)
• Supports the CEO and Executive Leadership by handling details such as, but not limited to, telephone calls, scheduling, travel arrangements, internal communications, minutes and agenda of staff, Board, and Leadership Team meetings, correspondence, and other activities as necessary. Assists the CEO with issues of time management, presentations, communications, etc. Manages the CEO’s calendar. Answers phone inquiries that do not require the CEO’s direct involvement and directs callers to the appropriate department.
• Provides support to the Board of Directors and maintains Board communications. Examples of these responsibilities would include updating the Board manual, providing minutes of Board and Committee meetings, coordinating breakfast and lunch for Board and Committee meetings, providing information to and maintaining relationships with Board members; keeping them/their support staff informed of meeting information and organizational activities.
• Serves as the CEO and Executive Leadership representative within and outside the organization as needed.
• Supports other Executive Leadership members with communications, fundraising research, correspondence, and other projects as needed.
• Proactively seeks to assist the CEO and Executive Leadership with projects and offers advice and suggestions to improve the content of all executive projects and communications.
• Completes all duties as assigned in a timely fashion, with extreme attention to detail. Proofreads all of the CEO’s and Executive Leadership agency-wide communications for accuracy, punctuation, and grammatical correctness.
• Contributes to the continuous learning environment of the organization by identifying and attending relevant training courses that will improve skills and effectiveness.
• Shows willingness to work the hours necessary to assist the CEO in fulfilling his/her responsibilities.
• Complies with all SHFB policies and procedures.
• Maintains a clean and orderly workspace.
• Maintains professional and courteous conduct.
• Performs other duties as assigned to meet company needs.
College education preferred; high school diploma required.
3-5 years’ experience managing a professional office with proven leadership skills
The ideal candidate will possess many of these professional and personal abilities and attributes:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be able to communicate effectively with people of diverse backgrounds; ability to interface well with all departments within the company and to represent the CEO in a highly professional manner.
• Advanced-level computer skills required, particularly using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Must be able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and to be able to manage products and time, demonstrating attention to detail, accuracy, and the meeting of deadlines.
• Extraordinary attention to detail with a commitment to the highest quality work.
• Ability to display sound judgment and show a commitment to the mission and desired outcomes of the organization by contributing to a teamwork environment and exhibiting the principles of continuous learning, servant leadership, and a dedication to excellence.
• Must have reliable transportation and current automobile insurance.
Allowable Substitutions: Combination of education, experience, and/or training that provides the required knowledge and skills for the position may be considered in lieu of education and/or experience at the company’s discretion.
How to Apply
1. Email resume and cover letter (with salary requirements) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Type “Executive Assistant” as the only content in the subject line of your email.
Second Harvest Food Bank is an equal opportunity employer.