POSITION SUMMARY: The Chief Impact Officer will be responsible for creating and maintaining strategic relationships in the community that will benefit the customers we serve.
ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all inclusive)
• Collaborate with the President and CEO and Executive Leadership to establish and accomplish annual goals and objectives as well as strategic plans for the organization
• Research data to determine areas of greatest need and potential impact to create and lead the development and implementation of plans for program and service expansion within the framework of strategic objectives.
• Work closely with the development team to determine and prioritize resource needs for all impact initiatives
• Serve as the Disaster Liaison Officer, overseeing the planning and execution of disaster response operations and management of partner relationship.
• Analyze trends and best practices across the food bank, social service and for profit food service networks to determine unique strategic opportunities for the organization
• Review and analyze food access by partners and distribution impact in the community. Ensure fair and equitable distribution across our service territory
• Facilitate and maintain strategic partnerships in the community to ensure program success and transformation services to clients.
• Represent SHFB to community groups and events through networking, public relations, and speaking engagements as needed
• Ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations and laws for all programs including, but not limited to: feeding programs, nutrition programs, federal benefit programs and innovation programs.
• Oversight and responsibility for all program audit preparation and outcomes by federal, state and local entities.
• Comply with all SHFB policies and procedures.
• Maintain a professional, positive, and courteous demeanor.
• Perform other duties as assigned to meet company needs.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field and work experience in development, strategic planning and leadership. Programmatic development and oversight experience preferred.
Skills and Capabilities
The ideal candidate will possess many of these professional and personal abilities and attributes:
• Leadership, programmatic, development and strategic planning skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to organize work, time, and self.
• Self-directed, creative problem solving, flexibility, and discretion.
• Proficient in MS Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, and Outlook; ability to learn in-house database and reporting systems.
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Strong organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills.
• Orientation to customer service, critical thinking, detail, accuracy, and the meeting of deadlines.
• Professional demeanor with the ability to work cooperatively with other Food Bank staff and volunteers.
Allowable Substitutions: Combination of education, experience, and/or training that provides the required knowledge and skills for the position may be may be considered in lieu of education and/or experience at the company’s discretion.
How to Apply:
1. Email resume and cover letter (with salary requirements) to email@example.com
2. Type “Chief Impact Officer” as the only content in the subject line of your email.