The Community Outreach Coordinator is responsible for the volunteer and community engagement program through-out Second Harvest Food Bank. This position coordinates outreach efforts for Second Harvest Food Bank in order to build awareness of volunteer opportunities within our facility. This position will require working on some weeknights and Saturdays. This position is temporary with the potential to become permanent.
• Responsible for development of robust volunteer program.
• Responsible for implementing and abiding by the SHFB Volunteer Policy and Procedure Manuel.
• Responsible for volunteer recruitment using a variety of methods including the cultivation of relationships with external partners within the community.
• Responsible for accurately tracking and reporting on volunteer activity.
• Serves as the back-up for telephone, email and walk-in communications.
• Promotes SHFB by giving facility tours and speaking with community groups.
• Assist with SHFB special events.
• Responsible for following USDA, Feeding America, OSHA, AIB Int. and other federal or state guidelines in relation to food, employee and volunteer safety.
• Participate in meetings and committees as appropriate.
• Comply with all SHFB policies and procedures.
• Maintain a professional, positive, and courteous demeanor.
• Perform other duties as assigned to meet company needs.
Education & Experience: Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent practical knowledge). 1-2 years’ experience with direct contact to the public involving volunteer coordination, public relations, marketing, and/or customer service.
Skills and Capabilities
The ideal candidate will possess many of these professional and personal abilities and attributes:
• Knowledge of standard office management practices and procedures, including reception, record-keeping, prioritization of work and the use of standard office equipment, including computers. Ability to master in-house software and reporting systems.
• Proficient knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and behavior management skills.
• Strong communication and presentation skills with emphasis on customer service.
Allowable Substitutions: Combination of education, experience, and/or training that provides the required knowledge and skills for the position may be may be considered in lieu of education and/or experience at the company’s discretion.
How to Apply
1. Email resume and cover letter (with salary requirements) to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Type “Community Outreach” as the only content in the subject line of your email.
Second Harvest Food Bank is an equal opportunity employer.