POSITION SUMMARY: Finance and Grant Manager
The Finance and Grant Manager is responsible for the integrity and accuracy of the financial and grant reporting. This position serves on the Leadership Team and is accountable for the safeguarding of the organization’s assets, providing cost effective and efficient internal controls and risk mitigation. This position has a thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles including Government Auditing Standards and data management.
• Responsible for the preparation or assistance with all financial reports including Statement of Financial Position, Statement of Activities, Cash Flow Statements, reports to governmental agencies, dashboard metric reports and grant financial reports.
• Meets regularly with Leadership team members to review grant compliance and financial matters as assigned by the Chief Administrative Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensures the accuracy of the monthly compilation of the organization’s financial reports.
• Responsible for the expenditure restrictions and accounting for such restrictions related to grant or donor gifts.
• Responsible for the timely completion of grant financial reports.
• Responsible for compliance monitoring of grants and coordination with appropriate departments on monthly grant status.
• Responsible for accurate allocation of costs as per grant guidelines.
• Responsible for all financial account reconciliations including review and monitoring of reconciliations performed by other accounting personnel.
• Responsible for accurate insurance coverage and claims reconciliation.
• Responsible for ensuring appropriate internal controls are in place and being followed.
• Responsible for compliance with SHFB financial policies and procedures and Feeding America’s financial guidelines.
• Complies with all SHFB policies and procedures and the policies of other organizations with which the company has contractual obligations.
• Attends monthly all-staff meetings and other meetings and events as appropriate.
• Represents SHFB in a professional, positive and courteous manner.
Education: Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or C.P.A.
Experience: Eight to ten years’ experience in financial management; a professional demeanor and a thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and financial management information systems.
Skills and Capabilities
The ideal candidate will possess many of these professional and personal abilities and attributes:
• Ability to communicate complex information clearly both oral and written.
• Ability to work on multiple complex projects concurrently.
• Attentive to detail
• Strong analytical and problem solving abilities .
• Strong analytics skills in data management and reporting.
• Intermediate-level knowledge of MS Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Ability to supervise and empower staff growth to meet organizational goals.
Allowable Substitutions: Equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training that provides the required knowledge and skills for the position may be substituted for experience.
How to Apply:
1. Email resume and cover letter (with salary requirements) to email@example.com
2. Type “Finance and Grant Manager” as the only content in the subject line of your email.