The Nutrition Coordinator will plan and implement nutrition education and kids programming that support our efforts to fight food insecurity across 23 parishes. The Nutrition Coordinator will also be responsible for evaluation to ensure quality programs and responsiveness to community needs.
• Develop, implement, and evaluate nutrition education and child hunger initiatives.
• Direct and lead nutrition education activities, such as cooking demos and monthly healthy recipes.
• Collaborate with Mobile Market Manager, to identify and develop parish level partnerships to address food insecurity across target parishes.
• Oversee the quality of programming regarding educators, curriculum, and partner relationships.
• Monitor and report on data collected through nutrition and child hunger programs.
• Provide nutrition education materials and resources at the mobile markets.
• Ensure grant deliverables are met.
• Create and maintain a library of nutrition education resources.
• Train and provide educational opportunities for SHFB partner agencies.
• Select, train, and supervise Nutrition Educators.
• Represent Second Harvest at community meetings as appropriate.
• Comply with all SHFB policies and procedures.
• Maintain a professional, positive, and courteous manner.
• Perform other duties as assigned to meet company needs.
Education: BS in public health, nutrition, or equivalent degree/training required.
• Program and personnel coordination skills, including one year of work experience in the community.
• Strong program evaluation skills and demonstrated experience, including the development of logic models, evaluation plans and instruments, and analysis of results.
Skills and Capabilities
The ideal candidate will possess many of these professional and personal abilities and attributes:
• Proven success building community partnerships.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to make presentations and develop reports that may include technical information.
• Experience working with and training volunteers.
• Interest in community organizing, community food systems, and hunger/poverty issues.
• Proficient knowledge of English grammar, spelling and usage.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Office environment (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook) and standard office equipment.
• Ability to manage multiple projects with attention to detail, ability to handle interruptions, maintain focus on tasks, and produce accurate work.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse stakeholders.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Fluency in Spanish.
• Master of Public Health or similar degree.
Allowable Substitutions: Combination of education, experience, and/or training that provides the required knowledge and skills for the position may be may be considered in lieu of education and/or experience at the company’s discretion.
How to Apply:
1. Email resume and cover letter (with salary requirements) to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Type “Nutrition Coordinator” as the only content in the subject line of your email.