Position summary: The P/T Delivery Driver will support the mission of Second Harvest Food Bank by delivering meals from St. Joseph Diner to various program sites throughout Lafayette and Acadiana Parishes using company-owned vehicle. This position is potentially a year-round position with breaks between programs. Days and hours of work are Monday-Friday; 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
• Delivers meals to various sites across Lafayette and Acadiana Parishes using company-owned vehicles.
• Adheres to all traffic laws, maintains daily vehicle inspections log, ensure that the vehicle is clean and litter free.
• Communicates daily with the Inventory and Logistics Coordinator providing feedback from the sites and any other information updates and changes.
• Ensures that the proper meal quantities, fruit, milk and utensils are packed for delivery.
• Communicates daily with delivery sites.
• Records daily participation at site using daily meal count form.
• Checks food temperatures upon delivery and monitors food safety.
• Serves as a program representative of Second Harvest Food Bank.
• Maintains a professional, positive, and courteous demeanor.
• Performs other duties as assigned to meet company needs.
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Experience: Must be 21 years old or older, have a Valid Driver’s License and Satisfactory Driving Record.
Skills and Capabilities
The ideal candidate will possess many of these professional and personal abilities and attributes:
• Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.
• Ability to count accurately and do simple math.
• Ability to follow and carry out instructions with minimal supervision.
• Ability to lift at least 30 lbs.
• Willingness and ability to load and unload vehicle.
• Comfortable driving around the city.
• Must have a cell phone, preferably with GPS capabilities.
Allowable Substitutions: Combination of education, experience, and/or training that provides the required knowledge and skills for the position may be may be considered in lieu of education and/or experience at the company’s discretion.
How to Apply:
1. Email resume and cover letter (with salary requirements) to email@example.com
2. Type “Driver” as the only content in the subject line of your email.