Regional Director, Lafayette Facility
This position will provide a pivotal leadership role in the West. The Regional Director will supervise and the Operations team and support all other departments in the Lafayette and Lake Charles to ensure that there is a cohesive western strategy, that western community relationships are stewarded, and that operations in Lafayette and Lake Charles run smoothly. The Regional Director will also be responsible for building capacity to meet Second Harvest Food Bank (SHFB) goals by developing additional warehouse locations and continuing to improve outreach to agencies and people in outlying parishes within the SHFB service area. This position will work closely with the President and CEO, Executive Leadership, Board of Directors, and other departments within the organization.
• Work directly with president and CEO and Executive Leadership team to plan, coordinate, implement, and oversee mission focused initiatives in outlying parishes within the SHFB service area.
• Coordinate with other departments to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible comprehensive project plans to be shared with stakeholders as well as other team members.
• Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
• Develop work directly with stakeholders and team members to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget. Ensure business continuity throughout all project installations.
• Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews.
• Work with other staff to develop fundraising strategies for new prospects. Make personal calls on prospects to cultivate, solicit and steward major and planned gift donors.
• Work effectively with volunteer board and committee members to develop and further strategic plans and organizational goals.
• Assist with special events and other functions as needed.
• Work with the director of marketing and communications to assist with meeting the organizations communication strategy in the SHFB outlying parishes.
• Work with SHFB Impact team to build partnerships and capacity of outlying parish agencies.
• Manage operations teams at locations outside of the Greater New Orleans area.
• Present necessary updates to the board and other organizational leaders.
• Comply with all SHFB Policies and Procedures.
• Maintains a professional, positive, and courteous demeanor.
• Perform other duties as assigned to meet company needs.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in public administration, business or related field, or equivalent experience.
Experience: 10 years progressively responsible experience in warehouse systems, inventory control, and planning and evaluation in a community organization. 5 + years’ experience in successful leadership role.
Skills and Capabilities
The ideal candidate will possess many of these professional and personal abilities and attributes:
• Strategic thinking and business acumen, with an ability to plan, organize and implement activities appropriate to the advancement of organizational goals.
• Dedication to building and leading diverse and inclusive teams, and working with diverse populations.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required, with public presentation experience and strong interpersonal and networking abilities.
• Ability to work at a fast pace and handle multiple projects simultaneously with accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to interface effectively with Board, Leadership Team, staff and network of agencies.
• Capable of managing multiple responsibilities simultaneously in a fast-paced, growth environment.
• Strong quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills.
Allowable Substitutions: Combination of education, experience, and/or training that provides the required knowledge and skills for the position may be may be considered in lieu of education and/or experience at the company’s discretion.
1. Email resume and cover letter (with salary requirements) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Type “Regional Director” as the only content in the subject line of your email.
Second Harvest Food Bank is an equal opportunity employer.