POSITION SUMMARY: Under direction of the Vice President and Chief Administrative Officer, the Procurement Manager coordinates all procurement and purchasing activities within Second Harvest Food Bank service area. The Procurement Manager will analyze costs, negotiate contract details, and offer strategies and solutions to help better manage cost of supplies and vendor services. The Procurement Manager is expected to exercise independent judgement and discretion with all matters relating to building partnerships with vendors.
ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
• Ensures the most cost effective procurement of quality products through Feeding America’s network as well as local avenues.
• Prepares purchase orders; responds to customer and supplier inquiries; reviews requisition orders to verify accuracy; compares prices, specifications, and delivery dates to determine the best bid among potential suppliers.
• Prepares, maintains, and reviews purchasing files; report price lists; track the status of requisitions, contracts, and orders; locates suppliers; approves bills for payment.
• Enters departmental budgets into Budget Maestro in regards to procurement.
• Follows all federal and state procurement guidelines and procedures.
• Creates and maintains purchasing spreadsheet and a key contact data base with all vendors.
• Creates and routinely implements an onsite visitation plan that includes face-to-face visits, meetings, and presentations with vendors to maximize efficiency of purchasing using local and state vendors when possible.
• Monitors Feeding America’s Choice System, manages bids and procures needed items when available
• Participates in meetings and committees as appropriate.
• Complies with all SHFB policies and procedures.
• Maintains a professional, positive, and courteous demeanor.
• Performs other duties as assigned to meet company needs.
Education: Degree in marketing, business, or related filed preferred. Knowledge and/or training in budget management and purchase orders
Experience: Background in purchasing, distribution, logistics, and/or food procurement.
Skills and Capabilities
The ideal candidate will possess many of these professional and personal abilities and attributes:
• Capable of working under general direction in a self-motivated fashion.
• Ability to meet deadlines and have exceptional recordkeeping skills.
• Strong communication and presentation skills with emphasis on customer service.
• Advanced in MS Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, and Outlook. Ability to learn in-house database and reporting systems.
• Professional demeanor with the ability to work cooperatively across all levels of the organization.
• Excellent math skills
• Dependable, conscientious, and willing to learn.
• Willingness to travel within the company’s service area and to work after hours and weekends as needed.
Allowable Substitutions: Combination of education, experience, and/or training that provides the required knowledge and skills for the position may be considered in lieu of education and/or experience at the company’s discretion.
How to Apply
1. Email resume and cover letter (with salary requirements) to email@example.com.
2. Type “Procurement Manager” as the only content in the subject line of your email.
Second Harvest Food Bank is an equal opportunity employer.