Position summary: Responsible for the execution and safe handling of food. Will be accountable for maintaining and conducting monthly inventory of food products at St. Joseph’s Diner, filling out daily product usage paperwork, maintaining a high level of safety and sanitation, directing volunteers and working closely with a diverse group of people.
• Lead and cook high quality wholesome meals on a large production scale for children, adults and seniors.
• Manage the kitchen team in the absence of the Kitchen Supervisor.
• Maintain integrity of the food and follow nutritional guidelines.
• Lead volunteers in producing and plating breakfast, lunch and snacks for children and senior programs.
• Organize and rotate inventory using the FIFO method in storage spaces, cooler and freezer.
• Follow Executive Chef’s recipes and HACCP guidelines for food preparation.
• Accurately document inventory usage through daily inventory forms.
• Adhere to daily production schedule and bill material list to ensure that production and volunteer projects are timely.
• Oversees portion control, special dietary requirements and timely service of meals.
• Assures prepared food and meals leave St. Joseph’s Diner at the proper temperature for food safety.
• Facilitates daily kitchen cleaning projects including set-up of dish room, end of day closing sanitation duties, and that all trash receptacles are cleaned
• Participate in meetings and committees as appropriate.
• Comply with all SHFB policies and procedures.
• Maintain a professional, positive, and courteous demeanor.
• Perform other duties as assigned to meet company needs.
Experience: At least 3 years of experience as a cook in a professional kitchen.
Skills and Capabilities
The ideal candidate will possess many of these professional and personal abilities and attributes:
• ServSafe certification or possess a comparable sanitation certificate
• Familiar with commercial cooking equipment
• Forklift certification is a plus but not required; willing to train and certify
• Scratch and volume cooking
• Basic computer skills including Word and Outlook
• Must be responsible, accountable and pays careful attention to detail
• Use of arithmetic to calculate amounts of product needed for scaled recipes
• Able to multi-task, maintain a sense of urgency and possess strong time management skills
• Ability to ensure storage of food in proper and sanitary manner
• Must be punctual and have reliable transportation with valid insurance
• Must work well with a variety of people and personalities, be courteous and respectful, and be a team player
• Should be flexible in a shifting environment
• Should maintain a positive attitude and show commitment to the mission of SHFB
Allowable Substitutions: Combination of education, experience, and/or training that provides the required knowledge and skills for the position may be may be considered in lieu of education and/or experience at the company’s discretion.
How to Apply:
1. Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
2. Type “Production Chef” as the only content in the subject line of your email.