Position Summary – This position is an integral component of the Operations team by supervising the Public Warehousing contracts. Responsible for ensuring that procedures are in place to accurately account for the inventory on-hand, received, shipped and inventory in-transit and accounting for any discrepancies. In addition, responsible for new Leased Storage customers including the preparation of the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU). Have the ability to forecast with budgeted projections and perform a variety of technical and supervisory tasks relative to public warehousing.
Accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
• Maintain overall accuracy and quality of inventory; perform inventory functions and reporting.
• Oversee and conduct cycle counts and full physical inventories.
• Create sound inventory procedures.
• Develop and maintain an accurate, consistent, and enhanced inventory reporting structure.
• Input product descriptions in current inventory and internet-based systems.
• Supervise the in-bound product and computer systems.
• Maintaining/updating MOU’s including the completion of Additional information.
• Prepare monthly invoices and delivery charges for Public Warehousing customers.
• Cultivate and supervise new leased storage customer relationships.
• Coordinate delivery of orders; confirm that delivered goods match customer orders specifications of quantity, condition, etc.; complete all necessary paperwork for items received, to include ensuring all invoices are checked and correct.
• Supervise a team of specialists.
• Participate in meetings and committees as appropriate.
• Comply with all SHFB policies and procedures.
• Maintain a professional, positive, and courteous demeanor.
• Perform other duties as assigned to meet company needs..
Education: Degree in business, operations, quality management, inventory control or related field preferred.
Experience: 1-3 years’ experience in inventory control, procurement/purchasing, and/or supply chain. Purchase order and/or Navision experience preferred. 3-5 years supervising small departments.
The ideal candidate will possess many of these professional and personal abilities and attributes:
• Proven track record of successful inventory control management in a fast-paced and growing environment.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Solid time management skills; demonstrated ability to organize vast amounts of data and multi-task several priorities.
• Knowledge of MS Office Suite, especially Excel.
• Able to manage a diverse set of skill sets and personalities with tact and diplomacy.
• Ability to work well in a team-oriented, goals-driven environment that emphasizes a friendly culture and ownership of work responsibilities.
• Willingness to travel within the company’s service area and to work after hours and weekends as needed.
Allowable Substitutions: Combination of education, experience, and/or training that provides the required knowledge and skills for the position may be considered in lieu of education and/or experience at the company’s discretion.
How to Apply
1. Email resumé and cover letter (with salary requirements) to email@example.com.
2. Type “Public Warehousing Supervisor” as the only content in the subject line of your email.