Overall responsibility is to collaborate with team members in order to plan, organize and monitor the daily movement, storage and FIFO rotation of inventory product to ensure proper staging for pulling, counting and inspection, while conserving space and complying with safety procedures.
• Maintain expertise in Ceres inventory software programs related to Warehouse Activity Plan (WAP).
• Assist in inventory counts and variance reconciliation.
• Work efficiently to facilitate the identification, quick retrieval, and dispatch of product (i.e., minimize waste).
• Abide by inventory control procedures.
• Maintain accurate and complete records.
• Operate and maintain warehouse equipment in a safe and prudent manner (e.g., forklifts, pallet jacks, dock levelers, hand trucks, etc.).
• Adhere to all safety and security guidelines.
• Maintain a clean and orderly work area. Remove shrink wrap and tape from dock pallets, wipe cases and make presentable.
• Follows all AIB, FA, OSHA, and other Federal, State, and Local requirements.
• Participate in meetings and committees as appropriate.
• Comply with all SHFB policies and procedures.
• Maintain professional, positive, and courteous manner.
• Perform other duties as assigned to meet company needs.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Experience: At least 1- 3 years’ experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Forklift certification a plus or experience operating a forklift with willingness to obtain certification.
Skills and Capabilities
The ideal candidate will possess many of these professional and personal abilities and attributes:
• Ability to operate standard warehouse equipment including, but not limited to, pallet jacks, forklifts, dock levelers, and other materials-handling equipment.
• Able and willing to work in extreme weather conditions and to work within varying indoor temperatures (e.g., freezers, coolers, and buildings that are not temperature controlled).
• Knowledge of inventory management. Knowledge of bar code technology a plus.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Basic math skills with the ability to read, comprehend, and follow instructions/procedures.
• Able to work in a physically-demanding environment which includes lifting and/or moving material weighing up to 50 pounds frequently, and heavier items occasionally.
• Walk, sit, squat, bend, twist, and reach at various heights above and below shoulder level.
• Basic computer skills, particularly using MS Word and Outlook. Knowledge of Navision a plus.
• Ability to work in a results-oriented environment and perform against established performance standards.
• Able to work overtime as required.
Allowable Substitutions: Combination of education, experience, and/or training that provides the required knowledge and skills for the position may be may be considered in lieu of education and/or experience at the company’s discretion.
How to Apply:
1. Email resume and cover letter (with salary requirements) to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Type “Warehouse Inventory Specialist” as the only content in the subject line of your email.