This position is responsible for the day-to-day operations and maintenance of the Lafayette facility. Supervises warehouse, transportation, and distribution staff to promote safe, efficient, and optimal utilization of facilities, equipment, and personnel.
• Responsible for recording all transactions related to inventory including receiving, storing, staging, and shipping.
• Ensures proper storage of product to conserve space and comply with safety procedures.
• Maintains the “first in, first out” (FIFO) inventory rotation.
• Establishes expertise in food safety, understanding and meeting all of the requirements of the American Institute of Bakers, International (AIB), Feeding America, LDAF, state and local regulatory agencies. Thoroughly documents all food safety related activities occurring in the facility.
• Ensures accurate inventory through cycle counts, variance research, proper and documented adjustments.
• Coordinates with food sourcing and operations team members to maintain adequate inventory levels to meet distribution goals for the western service area.
• Supervises staff through continual communication and performance management; addresses personnel performance issues.
• Plans and coordinates work, manages attendance matters.
• Hires, trains, motivates, and monitors job performance.
• Establishes, maintains, and implements all related OSHA guidelines.
• Works with logistics and equipment service companies to maintain vehicles and equipment.
• Complies with all Second Harvest Food Bank policies and procedures.
• Maintains professional and courteous conduct.
• Performs other duties as assigned to meet company needs.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required. Undergraduate degree in business, industrial or logistics preferred, but not required.
Experience: Minimum 2 years experience in warehousing, shipping and receiving, inventory control and/or materials management; experience in food distribution is valued but not required. Supervisory skills with a proven track record of developing staff are essential.
Skills and Capabilities
The ideal candidate will possess many of these professional and personal abilities and attributes:
• Strong knowledge of warehousing, shipping and receiving, and materials handling, methods and practices.
• Lift-truck certification.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
• Knowledge of barcode technology a plus.
• Ability to effectively communicate processes and procedures both orally and in writing.
• Basic computer skills, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Knowledge of inventory software a plus.
• Ability to develop staff to support operations.
• Commitment to company mission and values.
Allowable Substitutions: Combination of education, experience, and/or training that provides the required knowledge and skills for the position may be may be considered in lieu of education and/or experience at the company’s discretion.
How to Apply
1. Email resume and cover letter (with salary requirements) to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Type “Warehouse Supervisor” as the only content in the subject line of your email.