The Customer Service Representative serves as the face of Second Harvest Food Bank of Greater New Orleans and Acadiana, providing excellent, proactive service and support to all of our partner agencies and programs across a 23-parish service region. This position plays a lead role in ensuring and monitoring compliance and membership status for all members in the network using an all-programs approach. This position also provides leadership and creativity in working with Operations and Programs staff to develop and provide resources for members. The Customer Service Representative is committed to improving food insecurity for low-income residents in South Louisiana. The representative is able to work with volunteers in a supporting and empowering manner; work with diverse individuals at Second Harvest Food Bank, partner agencies, and individuals in the community; and motivate and manage volunteers and agency representatives.
· Provides customer service using an “all-programs” approach to partners including the following sites: food pantries, soup kitchens, shelters, Kids Cafe, Summer Feeding, Backpack, School Pantry, SNAP, Cooking Matters and other member programs.
· Works directly with feeding program representatives to provide food and to increase their ability to respond to their client’s needs. Travel required.
· Provides technical assistance and training (PantryTrak) in developing member agencies as well as feeding programs.
· Provides information, referral, and resources to strengthen the ability of member agencies’ food programs to respond to client food needs.
· Develops effective collaboration among member agencies.
· Assists in the organization of member agency meetings and other community meetings as necessary.
· Provides technical assistance and trainings on food safety, food storage, civil rights provisions, and recordkeeping procedures across all programs and services.
· Oversees effective allocation of grant funds as well as purchased, salvage and food drive products to agencies.
Monitoring and Data Entry Requirements:
· Works with program coordinators to complete agency monitoring visits and enter statistical data in a timely and accurate manner.
· Inputs agency invoices and receivables data in the CERES software program in a timely and accurate manner. Travel required
· Meets departmental deadlines including but not limited to tracking and completing:
o Monthly board reports
o Annual audit reports
o Requests for specific food orders
o Monthly clients served reports
o Monthly and quarterly inventory reports
Marketing and Customer Service:
· Works cooperatively with entire warehouse team to ensure good customer service and immediate response to complaints. Works with Helpline team and program coordinators to log client complaints and ensure prompt investigation.
· Works with Operations and Development team to directly assist with volunteer activities. Provides exemplary customer service to Second Harvest Food Bank volunteers including greeting, training and supervising volunteer production, while maintaining the safety of the food supply chain and other compliance initiatives.
Agency Delivery Program:
· Assures that all agencies are knowledgeable of the agency network program.
· Ensures that agency web orders are acknowledged, fulfilled, and processed in a timely and accurate manner.
· Enters grocery rescue receipts on a daily basis.
· Continually monitors agencies for growth or decline and makes appropriate changes to help develop new members or to support those in decline.
· Plans and manages an annual partner agency conference/nutrition summit.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree: however, a combination of education and three years of experience in social services may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES:
· Knowledge of standard office management practices and procedures, including reception, record-keeping, prioritization of work and the use of standard office equipment, including computers. Ability to master in-house database and reporting systems. Ability to input and maintain accurate records, to perform research, and to compile data.
· Excellent problem-solving skills and behavior management skills. Strong communication and presentation skills with emphasis on customer service.
· Ability to organize work, to set priorities, to exercise independent judgment, and to demonstrate flexibility in balancing the needs of various programs and staff.
· Must be friendly, outgoing, and comfortable speaking in front of large groups. Must have professional demeanor with the ability to work cooperatively across all levels of the organization.
Allowable Substitutions: Combination of education, experience, and/or training that provides the required knowledge and skills for the position may be substituted for experience at the company’s discretion.
How to Apply
Email resume and cover letter (with salary requirements) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Type “CSR Lafayette” as the only content in the subject line of your email.
Second Harvest Food Bank is an equal opportunity employer.