Here are some upcoming events that benefit Second Harvest’s mission to fight the everyday disaster of hunger. If you have an event benefiting Second Harvest that you’d like listed here, please send an email to email@example.com.
The “Run For It” program is the Official Charity Program of the Allstate Sugar Bowl Crescent City Classic. The goal of the “Run For It” program is to raise $1 million annually and serve the Greater New Orleans area needs. Each year, the Crescent City Fitness Foundation selects local charities to support and partner with for the 10k race, by donating 100 charity bib numbers (guaranteed race entries) to each Charity Partner for the Classic.
Second Harvest is thrilled to be one of the Official Charity Partners for 2017. We will recruit 100 charity runners/walkers, who commit to raising a minimum of $200 by race day, April 15, 2017. Second Harvest charity runners receive perks and incentives for joining the program, including a personal online fundraising page and a chance to win some great prizes. All of the money raised by our 100 charity runners/walkers will be donated directly to Second Harvest.
Charity Runner Perks & Incentives:
• Unique Charity bib number and race t-shirt
• Prime starting location on race day in the “Charity Corral” positioned right behind seeded runners
• Access to the “nice” bathrooms race morning in Champions Square
• Access to Second Harvest’s Private Party tent after the race
• The Classic will offer prizes for highest fundraisers overall and per team
• Second Harvest will also offer incentive prizes to our team members
Questions? Contact Kathryn Gsell for more details – firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark your calendars! Join us Saturday, June 3 at New Orleans City Park for the 2017 Rubber Duck Derby. We’ll announce soon when ducks will be available for ‘adoption’!