The Mobile Market Coordinator is based in Lafayette and reports to the Community Nutrition Manager. The Mobile Market Coordinator is responsible for daily operations of a year-round mobile fresh foods market serving low-income communities located in the western parishes to improve access to fresh fruits and vegetables.
• Raise awareness of the Mobile Market in communities served through targeted outreach activities and conversations.
• Educate consumers and the community about local produce and the market’s place in the local food economy.
• Provide excellent customer service while managing all logistics of the stop (set-up, safety, signage, etc.).
• Work with Community Nutrition Manager to maintain the monthly schedule.
• Monitor and collect all data from recipients of the Mobile Market for inclusion in monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
• Work with Community Outreach Coordinator to secure and train volunteers.
• Maintain inventory and ensure all supplies/materials are present at each market.
• Comply with all Food Safety requirements to operate the Mobile Market.
• Work with Community Kitchen Manager to develop the product orders to operate the markets.
Assist with the overall cleanliness and maintenance of vehicles used in the operation.
Meet all reporting requirements as instructed by the Community Nutrition Manager.
Maintain, evaluate and develop relationship with sites hosting the markets consistent with goals set forth in the operating plan.
Work with Community Nutrition Manager to create nutrition handouts for markets.
Adhere to Second Harvest’s Mission, Values Statements and Code of Conduct.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
Experience: Two to three years’ experience in gardening/farming, nutrition.
• Experience in training and supervision of volunteers and interns.
• Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, including the ability for effective public speaking.
• Ability to manage time efficiently and to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Proficient in MS Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, and Outlook; ability to learn in-house database and reporting systems.
• Orientation to detail, accuracy, and the meeting of deadlines.
• Ability to work cooperatively with other staff, volunteers, and agency personnel.
• Good judgment and discretion.
• Ability to represent the Food Bank in a courteous professional manner.
• Possession of a current Louisiana driver’s license and a clean driving record.
How to Apply
1. Email resume and cover letter (with salary requirements) to email@example.com
2. Type “Mobile Market Coordinator” as the only content in the subject line of your email.
Second Harvest Food Bank is an equal opportunity employer.
Posted to web 03-22-22
Success, you have been subscribed.