POSITION SUMMARY: The Child Hunger Corps is a team of service participants placed individually at Feeding America member food banks. Corps member will be responsible for developing a food bank’s capacity and capability to execute program models targeted toward the alleviation of child hunger, with the objective of increasing access to nutritious food in times when children need it most: in the summer, afterschool, on weekends and school vacations, and at home. Corp member will serve a two year placement at Second Harvest Food Bank.
• Work with Second Harvest Food Bank to develop a needs assessment to identify gaps in child feeding in the local community, and programs to address these gaps.
• Develop and implement a program(s) that seeks to increase children’s access to nutritious food either in the summer, afterschool, on weekends, and/or at home.
• Document the process of designing and implementing the program(s) to promote replication and sustainability.
• Conduct a comprehensive evaluation of the implemented program(s) to assess the successes and make recommendations for program improvement.
• Build community partnerships that facilitate the development and/or expansion of child hunger programs.
• Recruit volunteers to assist in the operation of child hunger program(s).
• Participate in all Feeding America led Child Hunger Corps trainings and other meetings as required.
• Participate in Second Harvest Food Bank orientation and work as part of the team throughout the program.
• Contribute to Child Hunger Corps blog on a monthly basis.
• Be an active participant in the Child Hunger Corps community.
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s Degree required.
• Volunteer or community service experience.
• Ability to take initiative and demonstrated leadership experience/skills.
• Familiarity with anti-hunger/anti-poverty initiatives.
• Ability to work and communicate with people of diverse backgrounds.
• Ability to work in a team and within broad coalitions.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Proficient in MS Office applications and ability to learn new technological applications.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Committed to organizational mission of ending hunger.
How to Apply
1. Applications are available this link: http://www.feedingamerica.org/about-us/we-feed-children/child-hunger-corps/child-hunger-corps.html
2. Application deadline is 2/23/2016
(For additional information contact firstname.lastname@example.org )