Position Summary: Reports to Community Kitchen Manager. Facilitates volunteers to ensure accurate food packaging for daily deliveries; prepares daily food delivery reports and meal labels; assists with pulling, staging and maintaining Community Kitchen inventory. This is a temporary position through May 2018. The hours are Mon. – Fri., from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. The rate of pay is $10.00 per hour.
• Works with Community Kitchen Manager to accurately package and stage items for daily routes; Responsible for creating packing labels and organizing containers for meal packaging.
• Takes and records temperatures of sample hot and/or cold meals upon route departure from Second Harvest.• Prefills daily food service delivery reports for site, item and departure temperature information.• Prints meal labels for next food service and as needed; ensures meal labels are created for required number of regular vegetarian, sample and other dietary restrictions.
• Acts as a liaison between Second Harvest and courier service; Assist drivers with loading as needed.• Maintains food distribution equipment and materials, ie. Styrofoam containers, thermal heat packs, packing totes, thermometers etc.
• Works with Director of Community Kitchen pull bulk items from inventory and stage for use in Community Kitchen programs.
• Assists with receiving product deliveries to ensure accuracy of order and quality of product.
• Assists with maintaining Community Kitchen inventory to ensure adherence to FIFO guidelines
• Maintains organized Community Kitchen inventory storage and workspace in coolers, freezers, warehouse, wine room and loading dock.
• Serves as a program representative from Second Harvest
.• Maintains a positive and professional attitude with sites and other Second Harvest employees
.• Assists the Community Kitchen Manager and Director of the Community Kitchen with other responsibilities as needed.
• Reliable transportation
• Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check
• Ability to count accurately and do simple math• Ability to lift at least 30 lbs.
Apply One of Two Ways: 1. Complete an employment application at Second Harvest Food Bank, 700 Edwards Avenue, New Orleans (Harahan), LA 70123, Mon – Fri, 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. 2. Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Type “Shift Leader (Logistics)” as the only content in the subject line of your email.