Job Title: Community Kitchen Shift Leader (Logistics)(Temporary)
Position Summary: Reports to Community Kitchen Manager. Facilitates volunteers to ensure accurate food packaging for daily deliveries; prepares daily food delivery reports and meal labels; assists with pulling, staging and maintaining Community Kitchen inventory.
This is a temporary position through May 2018. The hours are Mon. – Fri., from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Duties & qualifications:
:• Works with Community Kitchen Manager to accurately package and stage items for daily routes; Responsible for creating packing labels and organizing containers for meal packaging.
• Takes and records temperatures of sample hot and/or cold meals upon route departure from Second Harvest.
• Prefills daily food service delivery reports for site, item and departure temperature information.• Prints meal labels for next food service and as needed; ensures meal labels are created for required number of regular vegetarian, sample and other dietary restrictions.
• Acts as a liaison between Second Harvest and courier service; assist drivers with loading as needed.
• Maintains food distribution equipment and materials, such as Styrofoam containers, thermal heat packs, packing totes, thermometers etc.
• Works with Director of Community Kitchen pull bulk items from inventory and stage for use in Community Kitchen programs.
• Assists with receiving product deliveries to ensure accuracy of order and quality of product.• Assists with maintaining Community Kitchen inventory to ensure adherence to FIFO guidelines.
• Maintains organized Community Kitchen inventory storage and workspace in coolers, freezers, warehouse, coolers and loading dock.
• Serves as a program representative from Second Harvest.
• Maintains a positive and professional attitude with sites and other Second Harvest employees.
• Assists the Community Kitchen Manager and Director of the Community Kitchen with other responsibilities as needed.
• Reliable transportation
• Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check
• Ability to lift at least 30 lbs.
How to apply:
Email your resume to email@example.com. Include”Application for Shift Leader” as the only content in the subject line of your email.
Success, you have been subscribed.