Overall responsibility is to provide analytical analysis and report development for the finance group as well as operational teams within Second Harvest Food Bank. Responsibilities include gathering and managing data, creating a database of this data, work directly with the VP and CAO to determine priorities; understanding and anticipating the needs of various stakeholders in order to properly support the group’s mission with data and produce actionable reports in a timely manner.
• Create reports using various systems for data querying for purpose of analysis: Use data to run a variety of analytics models that can help drive decision-making for financial, tactical and strategic purposes.
• Ability to integrate data from multiple sources to create a single data modeling system.
• Ability to learn new program data structures
• Create reports and dashboards for presentation to management and our Board of Directors. Concentration on data content and visual presentation.
• Filter and clean data by reviewing reports and performance indicators to locate and correct data collection issues. Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
• This person must also be able to handle competing priorities with the ability to identify urgent and critical priorities for the business
• Assist in providing hardware and software support including our Ceres ERP system
• Perform other duties as assigned to meet company needs.
Education: BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics or related field or a combination of related education and experience
Experience: At least 2- 5 years’ experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Skills and Capabilities
The ideal candidate will possess many of these professional and personal abilities and attributes:
• Strong experience and reporting skills in MS Excel (pivot tables, VBA, macros, etc.)
• Ability to manage large sets of data that need to be queried and manipulated in order to make important business decisions
• Experience developing solutions
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
• Adept at queries, report writing and presentation skills
• Very strong abilities in Excel for creation of various reports and spreadsheets is a must
• Understanding of development tools and their correlation to database structures
• Must have strong interpersonal skills
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong time management skills
• Ability and willingness to learn applications and provide support
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to work efficiently and accurately with little direct supervision
• Hardware and software support experience
Allowable Substitutions: Combination of education, experience, and/or training that provides the required knowledge and skills for the position may be may be considered in lieu of education and/or experience at the company’s discretion.
How to Apply:
1. Email resume and cover letter (with salary requirements) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Type “Data Analyst” as the only content in the subject line of your email.