Position summary: Overall responsibility is to provide analysis and report development for the finance group as well as operational teams within Second Harvest Food Bank. Working directly with the CFO to determine priorities, responsibilities will include gathering, managing, modeling, mapping and visualizing purposeful data. It will involve understanding and anticipating the needs of various stakeholders in order to effectively support the group’s mission with key data and produce actionable reports in a timely manner.
• Create reports from multiple data sources (primary and secondary) including financial, vendor and supply chain, inventory, donor, agency and other related sources for purpose of analysis.
• Support weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reporting, dashboards, and forecasts.
• Develop financial models that can help drive decision-making for financial, tactical and strategic purposes.
• Identify, understand and explain internal and external key drivers of the business impacting performance.
• Analyze performance to date and assess potential risks and opportunities.
• Interact with teams to determine analysis requirements, business issues, metrics and Key Performance Indicators to make recommendations based on systems and best practices.
• Create reports and dashboards for management and Board of Directors, with focus on data content and visual presentation.
• Perform testing and validation of data sets to support data cleansing and correction in data collection issues. May be required to provide and/or facilitate staff training on data use, data analysis and data systems.
• Assist with data automation projects to improve the efficiency and accuracy of reporting and analytics.
• Assist in providing hardware and software support, as needed, including our Ceres ERP system
• Perform other duties as assigned to meet company needs.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics related field, or a combination of related education and experience.
Experience: At least 2- 5 years’ experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Skills and capabilities
The ideal candidate will possess many of these professional and personal abilities and attributes:
• Proficiency in MS Excel, Tableau, and other BI tools preferred, with the ability to learn or recommend other analytical applications
• Strong technical expertise regarding use and creation of data models, database design development, and data mining
• Solid analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of data with attention to detail and accuracy
• Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings to stakeholders
• Capable of handling competing priorities with the ability to identify urgent and critical priorities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong work ethic, problem solving ability, organizational skills and positive attitude
• Proven success in a collaborative, fast-paced, team-oriented environment
Allowable Substitutions: Combination of education, experience, and/or training that provides the required knowledge and skills for the position may be may be considered in lieu of education and/or experience at the company’s discretion.
How to Apply:
1. Email resume and cover letter (with salary requirements) to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Type “Data Analyst ” as the only content in the subject line of your email.
Second Harvest Food Bank is an equal opportunity employer