We are seeking two or more drivers to support our Community Kitchen. Drivers will transport meals to program sites using company-owned vehicles. This is potentially a year-round position with breaks between programs. The schedule is Mon. – Fri., approximately 3-5 hours per day. Shifts start at 1:00 p.m. Rate of pay is $10.50 per hour. No benefits. GREAT FOR STUDENTS AND ANYONE SEEKING PART-TIME WORK!
• Deliver meals to children during after-school programs across the Greater New Orleans area.
• Check-in and communicate with the Logistics Coordinator every day prior to leaving on a route and before leaving for the day.
• Ensure all paperwork is correct before leaving for deliveries.
• Ensure proper fruit, milk and meal quantities are packed for deliveries.
• Communicate with delivery sites on a daily basis.
• Inform Supervisor of any new information or changes concerning a site.
• Record accurate information including food temperatures on a tablet-based delivery system.
• Adhere to all traffic laws and maintain vehicle cleanliness while using Second Harvest vehicles.
• Serve as a program representative from Second Harvest.
• Maintain a positive and professional attitude with sites and other Second Harvest employees.
• Valid Louisiana driver’s license (no CDL required).
• Satisfactory driving record.
• Must be able to pass a drug screen and background check.
• Ability to count accurately and do simple math.
• Ability to follow and carry out instructions with minimal supervision.
• Ability to lift at least 30 lbs.
• Willingness and ability to load vehicle at the warehouse and unload at program sites.
• Comfortable driving around the city.
• Must have a cell phone, preferably with GPS capabilities.
APPLY ONE OF TWO WAYS:
1. Complete an employment application at Second Harvest Food Bank, 700 Edwards Avenue, New Orleans (Harahan), LA 70123, Mon – Fri, 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
2. Email resume to email@example.com. Type “Delivery Driver” as the only content in the subject line of your email.
CLOSING DATE: Applications and/or resumes must be received before August 11th for timely consideration.