Reports to the Development and Donor Services Manager. Processes complex donor transactions, ensuring accurate data entry of contributions and donor information into the Raiser’s Edge database as well as timely and appropriate acknowledgement of gifts. Responds to donor inquiries, including gift transactions and mailing requests. Supports the Philanthropy team with data-base reporting needs, data management, and data requests from the database.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manages and processes complex donor transactions.
• Manages the daily lockbox process and reviews lockbox documents for communication from donors.
• Ensures entry of all contributions is accurate and donors are acknowledged timely.
• Completes the processing, editing, printing, and mailing of acknowledgement letters to donors, and tribute cards to honorees.
• Supports the Development and Donor Services Supervisor with organizational data requests, data management, and reporting needs.
• Ensures the integrity of data in the database; serves as a resource to staff regarding the database.
• Completes all other necessary functions to ensure the Raiser’s Edge database efficiently and effectively supports Philanthropy operations and activities.
• Maintains accurate files which are easily accessible to the Philanthropy and Finance departments.
• Completes all routine duties as assigned with extreme attention to detail.
• Secures volunteers as needed to assist with tasks; monitors volunteers’ work flow and progress.
• Communicates information as needed with staff members in a timely manner.
• Proactively seeks to assist team members with projects that require additional support.
• Identifies and attends relevant training courses that will improve skills and effectiveness.
• Attends and participates in meetings and committees as appropriate.
• Complies with all SHFB policies and procedures.
• Maintains professional and courteous conduct.
• Performs other duties as assigned to meet company needs.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent
Experience: Proven experience in consistently meeting deadlines and goals, as well as extraordinary attention to detail. Non-profit or Raiser’s Edge database experience a plus.
Skills and Capabilities:
• Intermediate computer skills especially in Microsoft Office. Raiser’s Edge database experience preferred.
• Ability to efficiently and accurately process large volumes of information within a specified period of time.
• Capable of managing multiple complex tasks effectively and timely.
• Adept at prioritizing and managing daily work flow to meet goals and deadlines.
• Highly organized with attention to detail.
• Strong communicator and creative thinker; able to communicate effectively with diverse groups.
• Ability to interface well with all departments within the company.
• Knowledge of basic fundraising principles and techniques.
• Ability to build rapport with donors, volunteers, and the general public with diplomacy, discretion, and customer-service orientation.
• Ability to work well in a team-oriented, goals-driven environment that emphasizes a friendly culture and ownership of work responsibilities.
Allowable Substitutions: Combination of education, experience, and/or training that provides the required knowledge and skills for the position may be considered in lieu of education and/or experience at the company’s discretion.
How to Apply:
1. Email resume and cover letter (with salary requirements) to email@example.com
2. Type “DDS Specialist” as the only content in the subject line of your email.