Job Opening – Mobile Market Driver (Lafayette facility)
The Mobile Market Driver will be responsible for safely transporting product, assisting clients, and maintaining order and efficiency at each Mobile Market site.
Duties and Responsibilities (not all inclusive)
• Facilitate Mobile Market distribution in a respectful, non-judgment manner.
• Maintain quality control of product before distribution to general public.
• Follow appropriate procedures for food distribution, including all health and safety regulations for food handling.
• Develop and maintain rapport with donors, agencies, and volunteers to foster continued support and professional working relationships.
• Perform duties in accordance with the company’s safety policies and injury prevention guidelines.
• Maintain accurate and complete logs, route sheets, etc.
• Maintain all licenses, certifications, and medical cards as defined by the company.
• Perform routine inspection, light maintenance, and cleaning of assigned vehicles and equipment, reporting problems, defects, and repairs to management immediately.
• Assist in general warehouse duties when not actively involved in driving duties.
• Assist in maintaining clean, safe, and orderly facilities and grounds.
• Attend community-based functions and company-sponsored meetings as appropriate (e.g., special events, food drives, professional development workshops, staff meetings, etc.)
• Comply with all SHFB policies and procedures.
• Maintain professional and courteous conduct.
• Perform other duties as assigned to meet company needs.
Minimum of two (2) years professional truck driving experience, preferably in a food-related environment. Valid Louisiana Class B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL). Up-to-date medical card and an acceptable driving record. Forklift certification a plus or experience operating a forklift with willingness to obtain certification.
Skills and Capabilities:
• Ability to drive a box truck and to operate standard warehouse equipment including, but not limited to, pallet jacks, forklifts, and dock levelers.
• Familiarity with parishes in our service areas.
• Ability to work steadily and independently with minimum supervision and to follow standardized procedures.
• Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions—both heat and cold—and to work within varying indoor temperatures (e.g., freezers, coolers, and buildings that are not temperature controlled).
• Capable of safely exerting force and/or lifting or moving up to 50 pounds frequently, and heavier items occasionally.
• Walk, sit, squat, bend, twist, and reach at various heights above and below shoulder level.
• Must have basic math skills and have the ability to read, comprehend, and follow instructions.
• Basic computer knowledge helpful to complete electronic timecards, access email, etc.
• Proven ability to establish and maintain good relationships with people of various ages, educational, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
• Ability to work within an organization emphasizing teamwork, excellence, and accountability.
• Commitment to the mission of Second Harvest Food Bank.
Allowable Substitutions: Combination of education, experience, and/or training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and competencies for the position may be substituted for education.
How to Apply:
1. Email resume and cover letter (with salary requirements) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Type “Mobile Market Driver” as the only content in the subject line of your email
Second Harvest Food Bank is an equal opportunity employer.
Success, you have been subscribed.