KITCHEN LOGISTICS SUPERVISOR – New Orleans Facility
This position is responsible for coordinating and scheduling transportation for meals that are distributed from the Community Kitchen. Responsibilities include collecting and organizing daily data, maintaining accurate records of all prepared meals, supervising drivers, route assignments and fleet maintenance, and performing administrative duties to ensure the kitchen operates in compliance with state agencies and runs efficiently.
• Provides support and training for Community Kitchen Delivery Drivers in order to achieve the Community Kitchen’s mission goals.
• Provides regular feedback, on and off site learning opportunities and conducting performance appraisals.
• Participate in trainings for sites and kitchen delivery drivers.
• Responsible for creating kitchen delivery driver schedules, assigning transit/delivery vehicles and ensuring that all Vehicle Inspection Reports are completed and submitted; Supervises driver check-out and collect route folders.
• Create routes and route assignments for delivery of kitchen meals and ensure every route is covered each day, acquiring back-up when needed.
• Reviews kitchen delivery database for accuracy and monitor quantity of items requested versus delivered.
• Works with Community Kitchen Manager to accurately package and stage items for daily routes. Responsible for creating packing labels and organizing containers for meal packaging. Assist drivers with loading and unloading as needed.
• Takes and records temperatures of sample hot and/or cold meals upon route departure from Second Harvest and collect meal count forms from drivers (Summer Only).
• Prefills daily food service delivery reports for site, item and departure temperature information and keep record of all meals served to each site on Master spreadsheet.
• Prints meal labels for next food service and as needed; ensures meal labels are created for required number of regular vegetarian, sample and other dietary restrictions
• Maintains food distribution equipment and materials, i.e. Styrofoam containers, thermal heat packs, packing totes, thermometers etc.
• Works with Impact Team to gather daily meal projections and information from sites.
• Works with Transportation Supervisor to coordinate fleet maintenance.
• Serves as a program representative from Second Harvest
• Maintains a positive and professional attitude with sites and other Second Harvest employees
• Comply with all SHFB policies and procedures.
• Maintain a professional, positive, and courteous demeanor.
• Perform other duties as assigned to meet company needs.
Education: Associate’s Degree in related field, or equivalent experience
Experience: 1-2 years’ of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Proven track record with consistently meeting deadlines and goals, as well as extraordinary attention to detail. Data entry, Excel, and inventory systems experience required.
Skills and Capabilities
The ideal candidate will possess many of these professional and personal abilities and attributes:
• Must have reliable transportation
• Must be punctual
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced, expanding environment
• Should maintain a positive attitude and show commitment to the mission of SHFB
Allowable Substitutions: Combination of education, experience, and/or training that provides the required knowledge and skills for the position may be may be considered in lieu of education and/or experience at the company’s discretion.
How to Apply:
1. Email resume and cover letter (with salary requirements) to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Type “Kitchen Logistics Supervisor” as the only content in the subject line of your email.
Success, you have been subscribed.