The Controller is responsible for the integrity and accuracy of the financial reporting. This position serves on the Leadership Team and is accountable for the safeguarding of the organization’s assets, providing cost effective and efficient internal controls and risk mitigation. This position has a thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles including Government Auditing Standards.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
• Responsible for the preparation of all financial reports including Statement of Financial Position, Statement of Activities, Cash Flow Statements, reports to governmental agencies, dashboard metric reports and grant financial reports.
• Responsible for the preparation of all inventory reports including reconciled inventory valuation, and external inventory reporting.
• Oversees accounting team, budget preparation, audit function, insurance claims and data integrity.
• Reviews financial reports to analyze projections of budgeted revenue and expenses against actual totals.
• Meets regularly with Leadership team members to review and forecast their department’s financials.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversees and ensures the accuracy of the monthly compilation of the organization’s financial reports.
• Responsible for the expenditure restrictions and accounting for such restrictions related to grant or donor gifts.
• Responsible for the timely completion of grant financial reports.
• Responsible for accurate allocation of costs as per grant guidelines.
• Responsible for accurate inventory valuation and reporting.
• Responsible for accurate insurance coverage and claims reconciliation.
• Responsible for gathering, analyzing and production of the monthly dashboard metric/goal report.
• Responsible for ensuring appropriate internal controls are in place and being followed.
• Responsible for compliance with SHFB financial policies and procedures and Feeding America’s financial guidelines.
• Complies with all SHFB policies and procedures and the policies of other organizations with which the company has contractual obligations.
• Attends monthly all-staff meetings and other meetings as appropriate.
• Represents SHFB in a professional, positive and courteous manner.
Education: Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or C.P.A.
Experience: Eight to ten years experience in financial management; a professional demeanor and a thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and financial management information systems.
• Ability to communicate complex information clearly both oral and written.
• Ability to work on multiple complex projects concurrently.
• Attentive to detail
• Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
• Intermediate-level knowledge of MS Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Ability to supervise and empower staff growth to meet organizational goals.
Allowable Substitutions: Equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training that provides the required knowledge and skills for the position may be substituted for experience.
How to Apply
1. Email resume and cover letter (with salary requirements) to email@example.com.
2. Type “Controller” as the only content in the subject line of your email.
Second Harvest Food Bank is an equal opportunity employer.