The purpose of the Senior Accountant is to: reconcile bank accounts, manage fixed assets and depreciation, process bi-weekly payroll, assist the Controller in month-end G/L account reconciliations, prepare periodic metrics, along with performing the month end close.
Second Harvest Food Bank (SHFB) believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to the success of the company; that contribution should not be limited by the work identified, assigned tasks, and overall responsibilities. Each employee is expected to offer his/her talents, expertise, and services whenever necessary to ensure the achievement of company goals.
• Responsible for managing and processing of bi-weekly payroll.
• Prepare and or review reconciliations of balance sheet accounts.
• Assist in the annual audit preparation.
• Prepare journal entries, post all monthly activities and prepare monthly accrual entries.
• Assist Controller in measuring internal corporate financial metrics.
• Reconcile all aspects of fixed assets accounting, including capital leases.
• Assist Controller with financial projects and reporting, including financial analysis.
• Assist with monthly preparation of financial statements.
• Complete bank reconciliations and post necessary adjusting entries.
• Cross-train with other finance staff to provide backup to all critical functions as needed.
• Participate in proposing solutions to issues and recommend improvements.
• Respond to ad hoc queries regarding accounting matters.
• Assist in other SHFB responsibilities as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution in finance, business, accounting or related field required.
Experience: Three to five years’ experience in financial management; a professional demeanor and a thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and financial management information systems.
Skills and Capabilities
The ideal candidate will possess many of these professional and personal abilities and attributes:
• Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• A working knowledge of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable and the ability to perform complex accounting activities.
• Excellent analytical skills combined with strong attention to detail.
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to mult-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
• Strong organizational, communication, and time management skills.
• Must exercise strong customer service and diplomacy skills.
• High degree of professionalism, flexibility and initiative.
• Intermediate-level knowledge of MS Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Committed to organizational mission to ending hunger.
Allowable Substitutions: Combination of education, experience, and/or training that provides the required knowledge and skills for the position may be may be considered in lieu of education and/or experience at the company’s discretion.
How to apply:
1. Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
2. Type “Senior Accountant” as the only content in the subject line of your email.
Success, you have been subscribed.