Position Summary: The focus of the public warehousing and receiving clerk position is customer service for both public warehousing and food bank organizations. This position is responsible for all aspects of receiving within various inventory and reporting systems. Responsibilities also include monthly inventories and product variance reconciliation, order processing for school board and public warehouse leasing clients, generating various internal and external reports, and daily customer relations activities. This position is key to the success of operations and it is of pertinent that it aligns with all AIB, Feeding America, and other government agency requirements.
• Responsible for all aspects of receiving for both public warehousing and food bank product including posting of receipts in Ceres, 3PLINK, State, USDA, WBSCM, and Feeding America Choice Systems.
• Receive purchase orders, schedules deliveries, issues credit memos, print pallet tags, receipt invoicing, and provides timely receipt reports to FA, Government, and PW customers.
• Assist with inventory accuracy and variance reconciliations.
• Maintain accurate item and customer data base.
• Process all Public Warehousing distribution transactions including creation, posting, and filing of product orders.
• Create manual delivery invoices for all customers that use SHFB delivery service.
• Properly document and get approval for all inventory adjustments made in 3PLINK, CERES, or State systems.
• Maintain expertise in all inventory control programs.
• Generate all reports including Blue Receipt, Daily Post Reports, Weekly and Monthly School Inventory and Distribution Reports, and handle daily communication with all public warehousing customers and food bank product donors.
• Follow all AIB, FA, OSHA, and other Federal, State, and local food safety requirements.
• Participate in meetings and committees as appropriate.
• Comply with all SHFB policies and procedures.
• Maintain a professional, positive, and courteous demeanor.
• Perform other duties as assigned to meet company needs.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Experience: At least 1- 3 years’ experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Skills and Capabilities
The ideal candidate will possess many of these professional and personal abilities and attributes:
• Demonstrates strong organizational skills.
• Ability to perform basic math computations.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
• Knowledge of MS Office Suite, especially Excel.
• Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
• Demonstrated ability to complete assignments on time with minimal supervision.
• Communicates clearly and effectively.
• Handles discrepancies or shipping problems calmly and politely.
Allowable Substitutions: Combination of education, experience, and/or training that provides the required knowledge and skills for the position may be may be considered in lieu of education and/or experience at the company’s discretion.
How to Apply
1. Email resume and cover letter (with salary requirements) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Type “Public Warehousing and Receiving Clerk” as the only content in the subject line of your email.