Getting food assistance during the government shutdown 

If you or someone you know needs food assistance due to the government shutdown, please call our benefits helpline: 


Our specialists will refer you to the Second Harvest-supported food pantry closest to you. You can also dial this number for assistance in applying for SNAP (food stamp) benefits.    

To get help with both food and other expenses (such as utility bills or rent) please call 211. The 211 specialist has all the information about our nearest pantries to you, and can assist with other expenses. 

 How you can help

As we refer government employees to community food pantries we support, we will also need the public’s assistance in replenishing our shelves. Click here for information about donating food and how to start a food drive. 

And a monetary donation is an efficient way to help our response to the shutdown. Click here to make a monetary donation to Second Harvest. 

Success, you have been subscribed.

Join our Mailing List. Sign up to receive news, updates, and action alerts.

Please enter your first name.
Please enter your last name.
Please enter a valid email address.
   Please leave this field empty